Protocol Blood/ Cell Genomic DNA Kit
Step 1 Lysis
1. Transfer up to 300 μl of the blood/ cell into a 1.5 ml microcentrifuge tube and add 300 μl
of the Lysis Buffer.
2. Mix well and incubate 65°C for 5 minutes. During this time, pre-heat the Release Buffer
to 65°C for the Step 4.
3. Add 300 μl of the absolute EtOH to the lysate and mix well.
Step 2 DNA Binding
1. Add 20 μl of the Magnetic Beads. Mix well by gently shaking for 3 minutes.
2. Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 30 seconds.
3. Remove the solution (If the mixture becomes viscous, increase magnetic bead separation
Step 3 Wash
1. Add 800 μl of the Wash Buffer and mix well (Following the wash, the mixture will no
longer be viscous).
2. Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 30 seconds. Remove the solution.
Step 4 Release
1. Add 200 μl of the Release Buffer (pre-heated to 65°C) and mix well.
2. Incubate for 3 minutes at 65°C (During incubation, shake the tube vigorously every minute).
3. Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 1 minute.
4. Carefully transfer ONLY the clean portion of the solution to a clean tube.
NOTE: Be sure and allow the magnetic beads to disperse completely during the binding, wash and elution steps.