Virus Genomic Nucleic Acid Kit was designed specifically for genomic DNA/RNA isolation from Virus samples. Its special buffer system will efficiently lyse cell and degrade protein, allowing for DNA/RNA to be easily bound by the surface of the magnetic beads. The other non-specific binding particles are removed with a wash buffer, and the genomic DNA/RNA is released from the beads by addition of a low ionic strength buffer and heat. Genomic DNA/RNA can be purified manually within 15 minutes (using most magnetic separators) or the kit can be easily adapted to satisfy most automated Nucleic Acid purification systems.
● Sample: Up to 300 μl of the blood/ cell
● Format: Manual or automated genomic DNA isolation
● Operation time: Within 10~15 minutes (manual)
Applications: Restriction Enzyme Digestion, Southern Blotting, PCR, qPCR and RT-PCR assays
Storage: Room temperature
Magnetic Bead - 2 ml
Lysis Buffer - 30 ml
Wash Buffer - 80 ml
Release Buffer - 20 ml
Final price excl. shipping costs3
There was a study conducted with the following specifications:
Sample: EV71 Cell
Primer Mix Conc.: 200μM
Virus Stock Conc.: 4.9 x 107 pfu/mL
Virus Input Conc.: 2.5 x 106 pfu/mL
Procedure: Mbead Virus Genomic Nucleic Acid Kit (Mbeads Based) results after extracting virus from infected EV71 cell.
Protocol Virus Genomic DNA
Step 1 Lysis
1. Transfer up to 300 μl of virus sample into a 1.5 ml microcentrifuge tube and add 300 μl of the Lysis Buffer.
2. Mix well and incubate 65°C for 5 minutes. During this time, pre-heat the Release Buffer to 65°C for the Step 4.
3. Add 300 μl of the absolute EtOH to the lysate and mix well.
Step 2 DNA Binding
1. Add 20 μl of the Magnetic Beads. Mix well by gently shaking for 3 minutes.
2. Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 30 seconds.
3. Remove the solution (If the mixture becomes viscous, increase magnetic bead separation
Step 3 Wash
1. Add 800 μl of the Wash Buffer and mix well (Following the wash, the mixture will no longer be viscous).
2. Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 30 seconds. Remove the solution.
Step 4 Release
1. Add 200 μl of the Release Buffer (pre-heated to 65°C) and mix well.
2. Incubate for 3 minutes at 65°C (During incubation, shake the tube vigorously every minute).
3. Place the tube in a magnetic separator for 1 minute.
4. Carefully transfer ONLY the clean portion of the solution to a clean tube.
NOTE: Be sure and allow the magnetic beads to disperse completely during the binding, wash and elution steps.