BLooK is a remarkable blue light LED transilluminator for the detection of nucleic acids or protein under non-UV conditions. The wavelength of the special blue LED lights is 470 nm (fig 1), hence
no damage to your nucleic acids or protein.
Also, since UV is not used, there is no need for any special personal eye or skin protection. The blue LED lights are arranged under the viewing area (200 × 120 mm). An amber filter, on hinges,
is lowered into position once your gel is mounted. The stained gel is now ready for viewing. This instrument has a specially designed ergonomic 4° angle, so users can easily sit on a chair to see
the experiment results. BLooK is designed to view the gel after running electrophoresis on the gel stained with the GelGreen from Biotium, Novel Juice, Novel Green, Novel Green Plus, Nimble Juice
or Nimble Juice.
Further, it is perfectly designed for OnePCRTM, OnePCRTM HiFi, OnePCRTM HotStar, OnePCRTM Plus, OneMARK B, and OneMARK 100, which contains the fluorescent stain compatible with the blue light
However, BLooK is not suitable for ethidium bromide, or GelRed
The excitation wavelength of BLooK's blue LED is 470nm. Therefore, it is compatible with SYBR Safe, GelGreen, and our
- Ergonomic fusion-Patented 4° ergonomic viewing angle ( “Golden Angle” )
- Optimized for use with the nucleic acid and protein fluorescent dyes.
- Blue light source good for 30,000 hours.
- No risk of UV damage for high quality work experience.
- Smart power-saving function - Automatic power shut-off option at 5
- Gel-cutting knife - Cut out the target from the gel for further experiment.